The Great Clean-Out

I'm trying to be a little ahead of the game.  We are finally going into Phase Two and Three of the Kitchen-Remodel.  One problem I think that is going to be a big concern...both contractors we are considering can't begin work until about the same time the yahoos come back.  I see a mountain of headaches ahead.  So today we cleaned out drawers and moved furniture to the basement.  It looks a little more grown-up space instead of a preschool room.  Best of both worlds.  I still need to sort through all the books and fix my library and clean up the art closet...another day, way down the road!

I did run across a few treasures.

This is one of Mark's Mom's cookbooks.  She had written turn to page 19  on the front.  Because not to miss the one under it!

A friend from church and I were just talking about this cookbook last week.

I remember my mom having this open on the kitchen counter.


Mark's Aunt Grace made this one up for me as a gift to a bridal shower.  And let me just say that ALL the recipes are great!  She even labelled some of them as Mark's favorites.

I remember Josh, I can see his face now.  This was way back when I taught preschool at St. John's and Ms Connie was my right-hand man!

These are a hoot.  I'm thinking this was in first grade (not good with the math).  And my favorite recipe is Jay Hatten's...baked spaghetti.

Bryce in third grade.  I remember this because his teacher was the death of us!

Just in case you can't read the name of the recipe...West Virginia Chocolate chip Cookies.  He was so proud of his heritage.

Comments

Popular Posts