Flying Pig Marathon

Once again we are pounding Mile 19 on Columbia Parkway at the Greased Pig Station.  I love The Pig.  It is a great Cincinnati tradition.  And we get paid to be a part of it.  This is one of the biggest fundraisers that our scouts do all year.

This is the only time that the boys can 'play' in the street.





Teamwork gets things accomplished.


Our awesome team of Grunts.

Is that Arl eating and drinking coffee?

Mrs Salvucci giving a refresher course on how to properly pass out the 'grease'.

And here we go.  The first runner was at mile 19 in just a little over 1:45:00

We ran out of sunscreen this year!

It was so fun to see some familiar faces.  Nicole White is a beast when it comes to running!  But she was taking it easy today.  Not feeling her best but she stopped for a hug and gave us a smile.  Then I saw Justin Racer. He was one of my students in preschool believe it or not. He looked really good.  Then came Joey Girbert.  I got to walk a little bit of the course with him.  He was a student in the MWBYouth Group way back when.  I didn't get a pic but I did recognize Seven Crawford.  He is part of an awesome family of 8 doing a thru-hike on the Appalachian Trail.  THE FAMILY (their trail name) was running but I just saw Seven.  You ask how could this be.  Well, they decide about three weeks ago that they were going to drive 8 hours back to Cincinnati from the trail to run The Pig.  I think that was also about the time that they were evacuated from the trail because of forest fires.  Interesting family.  Check the out Fight For Together on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. 

More cowbell!

Vasoline on a stick.  I saw one person eat it.  I think maybe they thought it was something else...yuck!

Looks like someone had a long night the night before.  But he did help set up and take down.

Taking a little break.

Always enjoy being a grunt!  This years shirt is one of my favorites.  Always a fun time with the scouts and their families.  Can't wait to do it again next year.





Comments

Popular Posts