Peep's Memory Tree

We have the greatest, most understanding and considerate bunch of Wammyville people.  They have understood when I couldn't be here.  They trusted Pappy and Betsy with the yahoos.  They made sure things were going as smoothly as possible.  And they have all been a great support to me....even now.

I got a card a few months ago saying that a memory tree had been purchased in my dad's honor.  I have been watching the mail for a week, waiting for it to come.

It is a Magnolia Ann.  It will grow to be about ten feet wide and 12 feet tall with beautiful blooms.

Last fall Mark and Michael took out our dead pink dogwood.  Perfect...they never filled in the hole so it was a perfect spot for another tree.

We used some really good compost that we made in the backyard in the compost bins.  Then we added some top soil to dress it out. She has been planted and all watered in.

I'll be able to sit on the front porch and watch her grow for many years to come.  So, Mark, I guess we aren's ever moving.

Thank you all.  It was a great surprise and something very special.  And of course, I cried.

Comments

Popular Posts