The Hospice House of Huntington


The days have just seemed to run together.  I am not really sure what day it is.  But I know it is going to be a good day because I told God in our little chat across the river (like I do every morning when I cross the river going to the hospital) that today would be a great day.

The Hospice House is the most calming, serene, facility I think I have ever been in.  I am so thankful that we were able to spend our last hours with my dad here.

As I parked the car I chuckled to myself...if he only realized that he was by the river.

The grounds were beautiful.

Because my dad was a veteran he got a little bit more special care.  One of the nurses said that it was an honor to care for him.

This lap size afghan was on his bed.

But the most ...I can't even think of the words that can describe it...honorable, touching, sincere might work.  A final salute from the staff as he left the building.  The gurney was draped with a new flag and the staff stood with their hands over their hearts at attention until the can was gone.  Very moving indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts