Interesting Happenings In Nature Along The Way

Robin called me day before yesterday to tell me that they were going to evaluate my dad to see if he would be able to go to Skilled Nursing (again).  I was just a little shocked.  But the eval went well.  She sent me this shot in a text saying that he was all packed up and ready to go.

So today after PT and after all the kids went down for a nap I hit the yellow blaze.  I had this book on audio so I'm listening to it as I go.

Portsmouth Road was fine.  The water was still a little high in some places but  not over the road.

I took these shots out my window as I was driving.  It is the race track outside Portsmouth.  The track and bleachers are still covered.  These are for my kids.  We have passed this track I wish I could count the times.  Even pulled over (illegally) to watch a little of the races.





And then there was the rock slide on Rt 52 in Chesapeake.


This is what it looks like today.  The westbound side of Rt 52 is still blocked off.  I am wondering where the detour will take me when I head home.


There may have been a few rocks dropped along the way to his room.  This is a new sign I have never seen before.  I don't remember if it was on the door when I got there or it was placed there after I arrived.  I know the room before him has the orange sign that he had the last time he was in the hospital.  I think I will stop at the Nurses Desk tomorrow morning when I go to see what's up.

He seems pretty tired.  Sleeping off and on in between nurses visits to the room and the call of nature.  Not really wanting to eat much.  But we did watch a few episodes of Treehouse Masters.  He sent me home early so I have been able to catch up on blogs.  Going to bed early so I can be ready to have breakfast with the ladies and then head to the hospital.  Then tomorrow night I plan to catch up on some TV shows and specials that I have missed.  All that and doing my PT three times tomorrow.  Maybe while he is doing his I can do mine!


Comments

Popular Posts