Peep Moves To Assisted Living

This is the back entrance to Wyngate Assisted Living Facility.  This will be his 'home for at least five days.  After that, we will see what the best option for him will be.

The big move started at 9AM on Thursday.  Robin, my sister and Wyngate Robin and a merry band of moving fairies moved his personal things across the parking lot.  And they also went shopping for new bed linens, towels and other things he would need.  They had it ready and waiting.  One problem...he didn't get discharges and into his new room until 9PM.  It was a very long day for everyone.  No to mention that my dad does not transition well at all.


It looked and smelled so nice.  While they were all working up a sweat...

Stitch and I were on the road working our way there.  I only gave her 1/4 of her anxiety pills.  It worked out great.  She wasn't so groggy that he was totally out of it.

She pouted a for a bit because she wanted to be on my lap.

But then things turned the corner and she went to sleep with her head on my arm.  The best trip she has ever taken with me.

I took Stitch in and unloaded all of her things out of the car.  When I came back to the dining room to get my things, Phoebe met me and said that she had finished his truck.  She was so proud!  It looks really great.  she even glued the pieces into place.

Oh, how he dislikes these breathing treatments.  Took me back to the days that we spent hours doing these treatments with Michael When he was small.

Lunch came, yummy.

Big move the day before, a rough night with little sleep, a shower, clean clothes and a full belly equal a 4-hour nap.

A little nap and some down time for me too.

we brought Stitch over for a visit.


Some of the ladies came to see Stitch and my dad.


A little bit of grilled cheese is always a treat.


Comments

Popular Posts