Stitch Visits In The ICU

Today was the best day ever!  For my dad!  He has been in the hospital flitting between different areas and quite frankly he is getting a little tired of being sick.  So someone got the idea (Thanks, brother, Michael Barbera, for putting a bug in his ear) that Stitch should come for a visit.  My sister tried to get her to the groomer yesterday so she could visit in the evening.  Well, that didn't happen but today was a banner day for all!  Stitch made it!

This is my most awesome sister-in-law, Lisa!  She makes things happen!  She and my dad have a very tender relationship.  When she is around his spirits seem to pick up.  She can make him do things the others of us cannot.  She spoils him just a bit by having the best nurses care for him, she sneaks him little treats...makes him feel special.  We don't know what we would do without her.  
I think they were making plans to gather up some bacon for Stitch when she visited.
She is THE BEST!

Robin got Stitch to the groomer and up to the ICU.  I was worried that she wouldn't get on the elevator.  Robin said she did great!  She walked right with her.  Trotted through the ICU doors like she owned the place.

I don't know who was more happy to see each other.  Stitch sniffed a bit but then climbed right up on my Dad's lap and went to sleep.

I think my brother-in-law said something to the effect...in all my years of nursing I have never seen a dog in the ICU.  Better than any medicine you could ever get from a pharmacy.

Stitch is a registered Emotional Service Dog.  I'm just saying that things got a little emotional.

So her paperwork is i my dad's file...she might be making a return visit.

Comments

Popular Posts