Some Shots From The Last Week and A Half

Last Friday we ended up in the ER.  We were just supposed to be going to get a chest x-ray and urine culture for the procedure on Tuesday.

He said no one had ever told him that he needed to wear his oxygen 24/7.  Are you kidding me!  But now this is posted on the TV from one of the ER doctors.

As we are admitted.

Gee another note from the professionals.

He did a lot of this.

Gee, National Parks.


The night after surgery on Tues was crazy!  Three bags of dirty laundry.  Everything that could go wrong did.

A dual continuing flow foley.  those boxes are full of saline

Some beautiful flowers for his friend, Betty.

I got him to eat a homemade smoothie.

It looked so rough.  So he shaved and put his teeth in.

I kept busy painting rocks, rocks, and more rocks.  Total so far in 50+.

We had a party but he will never remember it

He was freezing!

A surprise visit from Emmy on Sunday.

Today he turned the corner.  PT had him up in the chair doing simple exercises.

A good shave....

and a good meal can do a body good.

I think he licked it clean while I wasn't looking.

He worked on his 'dot.com' for a little while.

I got him back in the chair this evening.

Good reports today.   More testing tomorrow and then we hope to move to rehab this week.  Keep your fingers crossed.

We have been blessed with a true band of angels that have helped in the last week and a half.  Mark and Micahel are caring for all the anmimal.  Mark is running Wammyville with the help of our neghbors, Jen and Katie.  Friends being there when I needed them for support in Huntington and in Milford.  Old neighborhood friends that have visited and put a smile on my dad's face.  And I could never thank the hospital staff for the care they have given and the concern they have shown.  It has been a long week plus but I think I am beginning to see the end of our time here at St. Mary's


Comments

Popular Posts