Peep Goes To Heartland

Please don't expect me to know what day it was that he got released from the hospital because all the days have finally run together.  I do know that I didn't expect us to go as soon as we did.  I am so thankful to all the staff from the top to the bottom of St. Marys Medical Center that took care of all of us.  If I could give them 10 stars I would!

On to Heartland of Riverview in South Point Ohio.
7743 County Road 1
South Point, Ohio 45680

He will be able to get 5 days of skilled nursing...OT, PT, and Speech Therapy.  He visited once before when he had knee replacement surgery...was there for 100 days...so he says.  He chose this facility.  Was excited about being able to get a bed.  That soon turned sour.  He called me at 11:30PM extremely upset because he had not received his evening meds.  My sister and I immediately too his meds and settled him down.  I am not one to make a fuss, that has always been my sister's job.  But that night I let them have it both barrels with as much grace as I could muster.  Robin stood there with her mouth open.
The next morning the Director of Nursing, Nursing Supervisor and the Unit Clerk got another piece of me.  I think we are all in agreement that they dropped the ball.  I do believe that St. Mary's and I dropped the ball to by not having discharge papers.  I took for granted that the ambo people had them on the gurney.  I should have checked.

But now we are all on the same page and things could not be better.   They have realized that we just didn't drop him at the door.  We are his advocates and we will do our job the best we can.  They are taking really good care of him and have informed us of every move that they are making.

He got settled into his room for a very long night the second night.  He has since been moved across the hall to room 209.

Robin and I made a mad dash to Walmart to pick him up a small TV.

We all worked and worked to get his TV fixed.  Dustin finally got it fixed for him the next morning.

PT eval went very well.

But it wore him out!

PT the next day down int he Big Room.




He worked so hard!  He is paying for it today.  So sore he can't move.  Plus he got his flu shot.  So he is down for the count tonight.

He has given himself a goal of two weeks to work as hard as he can so he can return to the Ladies of Wyngate for cards.  And we have a train ride from Huntington to Hinton and back scheduled later in October.

Keeping our fingers crossed.  

Comments

Popular Posts