The Year Of The Cicadas

I know you are probably saying I know, I know, I have them all over the place.  Well, that's not what I am writing about.

We know of the family.  Bryce was friends with one of the brothers in high school.  I remember Bryce telling us about the accident.  We had already moved to WI.

I am amazed by this book on so many levels.  The courage it took to write the book, raw as it is...  I can relate a little to the struggles with someone with a TBI...the doctor visit, all the therapies, the milestones, the setbacks, the frustration, the tears, and the good that comes from it all.

I can say that I don't know where to go from here. You have been a part of my everyday life for a few weeks.  I don't want to stop 'being with you'. I am walking around the kitchen seeing flashes of your house and that beautiful pergola with the wisteria that we saw when we were on the garden tour.  I remember standing in the driveway talking to you and thinking how great is this.  I love the setting, the farmhouse, the barn and of course the pergola.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought you all had been through the fire.

Thank you for sharing.

Comments

Popular Posts