Last Full Day

Had to make one more trip to the east edge of the island for one last sunset.

Michael bought a Holden Beach mug.  I think he might start drinking coffee.  Ellis served him his first cup in bed...and he did it with such style.

A little rock painting for the trip home.


Two of our creations have already shown up on the Facebook Page for Milford Rocks.

Pappy doing what he does best at the beach...

And me doing my thing.


We go to Turtle Talk on Wed night and find out that a nest has boiled earlier in the week and they are giving the rest of the stragglers time to make it out on their own...until Fri night at 8:30PM.  We hurry to finish dinner and clean up so we can make it down to see if they find any more turtles.  I think maybe 20 people at the most will show up.  Boy was I shocked!

Waiting for the go ahead and start digging.  And I am kicking myself for not taking my good camera.  All I have is my phone because I thought I was going to be able to get up close and personal with the babies.

A cheer happened every time a turtle was found.  Ten were unearthed.  Only one didn't make it.  107 in total.

Once they had all the turtles out of the nest and they showed us, they were all places in the trough at the same time so they could do what Mother Nature intended for them to do...find their way to the water and turn left and head for the Gulf Stream.




It was the most amazing thing I think I have even seen.  I get to mark another thing off the Bucket LIst.  Hopefully one day I will be able to see an actual boil.  But for now, this will do.



A few needed a little help.  It is a long way to the water and they got really tired.


All this little guy wanted to do was go left.


Finally, they make it to the ocean and they are on their way!

The Turtle Patrol volunteers made sure that all 10 of them made it out to sea.  And the crowd cheered one last time.



Comments

Popular Posts