The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly


You can't tell it but it is already hot in the pic.

Everyone (the girls) gathered at our place and somehow we got to talking about Mamaw (everyone's grandmother) and a letter they found that was written about five days before she passed.




The burros came to see me. 

The Cheryl was on a mission...find me some more.  We found some under a tree at the Post Office.

Some were walking down the road.  Love them!

Trying to keep cool under any tree that they could.

Terry and I fed the a little snack.

Momma and new baby.

Having  breakfast.

The little one.


At the post office again.

donkey kisses

donkey selfie

Well now.  This little one could not wait.  Right in the middle of the road.  And she wasn't moving so we had to drive around.

In all the excitement with the burros, I lost my glasses.  The ones that I really need to have because I am half blind.  We searched everywhere.  We retraced our 'donkey run'.  Everyone checked the house.  We looked everywhere!  Guess where I found them...laying on the gravel under where we have parked the gold cart.  A little scratched but still wearable.

And then came the fast boat ride...

They made several passes up and down the river. This was the last one.

We all jumped in the pontoon boat to go rescue them.  I guess most of us were moral support because Cheryl did all the work.

According to GPS when the engine blew they were going more than 102 MPH!  The engine threw a rod.  No one was hurt and the boat came out with only a few scratches on the hull.  The engine however...gone!  But what a great story Lisa has to tell.

The Great Rescue

After getting the boat our and into the garage we suited up for a lazy day of floating down the Colorado River.  Again takes me back to Dale Hollow.  The greatest way to spend a hot day in the sun.

After floating from the dam we floated at Sunshine Resort.







Terry showing off his Tai Chi...NOT!

Mike watching Terry and wondering about Cheryl's crazy family.

The boys.

Showing off my fishing hat.  I didn't want to get my new sun hat wet.  I love it and it makes me look so glamorous.  Not this hat my new one from Cheryl.

Our home away from home!  And I could live here but it would take some doing getting used to the high temps.

Across the street.

Sunshine Resort might have gotten ROCKED!

All of us checking out the damage.

Look closely and you can see where the rod came through the engine block.  Does it sound like I know what I am talking about?  I don't at all.  Just heard the boys talking and this is what I picked up  I don't even know what all of that means.  Sounds good.  But I did manage to see the hole.


Lisa and Mike all smiles after it is all said and done.  And Lisa even got a little souvenir.

Comments

Popular Posts