Back and Forth In One Day

Heading to WV to my oldest friend on the planet...RETIREMENT/GOING AWAY Party.  We were only about 10 behind schedule.  That's a plus in our family.  I think we can all drive this route blindfolded.

Our passengers for the day.  And one you can't see in her kennel...Ella got to make the trip with us.

I'll just say it up front...I didn't get many shots because I was too busy visiting with old neighbors, parents of preschoolers,  catching up with friends, and paying with kids.  And maybe, just maybe shedding a few tears.

 This is one of the dearest, sweetest,  Godly men on the planet.  He would give you all the clothes on his body,  his last bite, and he will pray for you never ceasing.  No better person I know.  And you asked everybody to tell you about Bill Black and I am willing to bet the farm that they would say the same thing and more.  The man has never known a stranger!

Emmy talking to David, Billy's little brother.  Another sweet one.  He is a  lot like his dad, Lloyd...very soft spoken and very caring.

And I got to see Glenna.  I babysat her girls when they were small.  She was my across N. Queens Ct neighbor.

Jerry, Bill's wife.  Such a sweet one too.  Always u for a hug from her. Our girls, Sarah Beth, and Jerri's daughter Julie all grew up together.

Nancy!  Love her...Bill's stepmom.  She actually went to high school with Mark.

Church and Phillis were neighbors at the bottom of the hill.  Chuck was my dad's heating and air conditioning guy.

Representing N. Queens Court

Oh mu goodness!  Emmy and Julie playing tether ball.  Boy, now that is a blast from the past.

A man and his dog just watching people.

Julie making an announcement.

Lily SarahBeth

NOAH...so much like his daddy!

Wow!  How I love this pic.  That's Billy with Linda Zban, our backyard neighbor and my second mom growing up, and my dad.  What a bunch.  Locust Street and N Queens Ct.   So glad that we stayed long enough to get to hug on Linda.

Jason Daniel, my favorite!

I so wish I could have gotten more pics of all the people that were there.  People from all different churches in Huntington, lots of neighborhoods, lots if INCO people.  Most of them you never get to see when we are home because there are so many.  Leave it to Jerri to make it all happen.

I will be sad to see them move all the was to TX but I know that it will be good for the family.  Maybe when they make it back up here to visit their families we can zip on down the highway and meet them somewhere.  

Good Luck and God Bless Your Hearts...do big things in TX.

Comments

Popular Posts