What We Are Calling Weaning Week

Packed up and ready to go to Peep's for what we are calling Weaning Week.  I am going to see just how much he can do for himself.  If I feel confident that he feels confident then next week he will be on his own.  Well, he will have OT, PT a nurse, my sister and her family will be close, his sister will be on call, and Betty will be dropping in.  Not to mention all the angels of Wyngate!

First thing, Pheobe showed me what he made with the play dough that Robin of Wyngate got the residents one day for their activity.  Pheobe ended up giving me the rest of the dough for the kids in Wammyville.  How sweet is that?  The models are her newest grand baby.

What's wrong with this pic?  I'm at Wally World and everyone on the planet in Cincinnati is at the Opening Day Parade.



We loaded up that's for sure!  He is worse that my kids were when they were little.  When checking out he got busted...there were several things that were not on our list.  He just smiled and paid the lady!

Took stitch for a walk/roll to the river the check how high the water was up.  It was a beautiful day!

Mark has a crazy puzzle doing lady friend, Becky.  I got in touch with her to see if she would like to do a little puzzle exchange.  She was all over it.  She even delivered them.  Come to find out that her daughter doesn't live too far from my dad.  Thanks, Becky!  They love the puzzles!

We met Robin and Kenny at my dad's new favorite place, Texas Roadhouse, for dinner.

The next day after lunch we took a nap.  Well, he and Stitch took a nap.

I sat and watched the sunshine and kept thinking we should be on our way to the lake.

About two seconds down the road I smelled something like dog poop.  I said that I must have stepped in it on the way to the car.  Nope, Stitch hates riding in the car.  I was told to take the corners a little softer.  Evidently, I scared the poop out of her on the first turn.  I was gagging like never before.  My dad was cracking up.  He found a Depends in the glove box and proceeded to clean up the mess while I had stitch off the side of the road in the grass.  NEVER a dull moment.

Don't worry...we headed to the first place that had a clean restroom to wash his hands with soap and water and then hand sanitizer.  Then we popped into McDonald's to pick up some lunch to take to the lake for a picnic.  By the time we got there the weather had turned a little bit windy so we opted for lunch in the car with the doors open...still a faint aroma from earlier.

I understood Robin telling me that there was a chair for him on the deck.  I assumed it was on her deck.  Nope on his deck about 30 minutes away.  Good thing I had thrown my spider chair in the back of the car.

He sank clear to the ground.  Another good laugh.  We wondered if we would be able to get him out.  We did with no problem at all.  Nice place for a little nap, right dad?

Ahhhh, now this is living the dream.

Stitch loved being out of the car.  She loved the warm sunshine even more.

OH MY GOSH!  This was the best and worse bait ever!  Three-week-old chicken livers.  The smell makes me gag now just thinking about it.  I opted to use needle nosed pliers to put the bait on.  I was not going to smell that awful smell all the way back home.  I knew no amount of washing with soap and hot water or lemon juice was going to take the smell away.

This should have actually been my dad's fish.  I might have wormed my way over to where he got a bite and thrown in.  

The second one wasn't as big.  How do you like my fishing hat?  It was the only one he would let me wear.  My head was freezing.

We fished in the pond.  I was afraid to try to walk with him down to the lake.  He's not too steady on his feet yet and I could just see us both rolling down the hill and ending up in the lake.  There was only one other person fishing and he walked to the other side.

I let him get his picture with my third catfish just to make him feel better.  He was more concerned with the reels and rods my sister was letting us use.  Man is she in trouble.  Of course, she doesn't have the right thing.  He is going to have her bring all her stuff to him and he is going to fix it the right way.

Once we got him out of the spider chair we moved to the other side of the lake close to the john and the picnic table.  Robin was on her way so we had a little snack before she got there.  I sent this pic to Mark and the kids and this is what Mark sent back.

This is my dad's dad. PopPaw/George showing off two beauties he caught in Canada.  I think they look somewhat similar.

When Robin came, she and I moved down to the lake while my dad and Stitch stayed safely up on the road.  Look what I found. (note to self...be sure next time to put these shells in a sealed plastic bag...tightly sealed.  I thought the dog poop smelled bad.  These babies were locked in the care for about 18 hours.  The trip home was a little chilly with the windows down.

Robin's first fish.

Second

We made our way half way around the lake while Peep and Stitch chose to take a nap in the car.   The exact time was 6:20 pm when I was reeling in for the last time and BAM!

Then Robin pulled in her baby.

And what could be a better way to end the day!  Then Gino's pizza!

Wednesday was an electronic kind of day.  I taught him a few tricks on the computer which I am sure I will need to do again the next time I visit.  Just a word of warning, some of you may be getting friend requests in the near future.  Sorry.

Stitch needed a little bit of eye cleaning.  She is the best service dog.  She knows when he doesn't feel well.  But at night she is not the best dog ever...paces all night long.  And when she paces every one of those darn sensor lights flips on making it look like the Vegas Strip!

We had lunch with some of the ladies out on the 'lanai'.  After we finished, Val brought him a fishing pole made from a broom handle, some string, a bread tie for the hook, and some mozzarella cheese for the worms.  Crack me up!  You just never know what will happen!

Then he asks for some strawberry ice cream...Oh, my word!

These are dilly beans and there might still be a few pieces of okra in there as well. Norma gave them to me.  Her daughter is going to write down the recipe for me.  Oh, my word are they delicious!

He passed all the test with flying colors so this week he is on his own this week.  But I am having a little bit of trouble.  There is no one to fill up my coffee cup...there is no designated napping time...no one baking me cookies and offering them to me right out of the oven...no exercise class to attend...no one to look at my goat and chicken pictures...no puzzles to work...I miss my new friends.  I think I might be having a harder time than he is.  But not to worry I will go back next month for the doctor appointments.

So after I had been home a day or so I get this pic from Val (his partner in crime), saying that I need to come back quick because he needs a haircut.  I said that he just needs to learn how to comb the back of his hair and get rid of his Alfalfa.



Comments

Popular Posts