They Surprised Emmy Big Time!

I got a call in the middle of doing something scout related and Jen said that they were throwing Emmy a surprise birthday party.  I guess I was trying to do too many things at once and I guess I just assumed that it was on Sun night.  Jen also asked if I would bring my famous via Mark's mom, pineapple upside-down cake (her kids love it).  Sure no problem.  So lots of texts and phone calls back and forth.  How am I going to make a cake without her knowing about it?  So Emmy and Sarah head off to Target to get a birthday gift for Isaiah and I race to Kroger to get what I needed.  On the way there I called Mrs. Renee, baker and cook extraordinaire along with the best neighbor ever!, and asked if she could make the cake.  She said yes, thank heavens.  I beat the girls home.  Race to get all the other stuff put in a bag because I told her I would bring everything she would need.  Emmy and Sarah were here when I go back to the house.  I had to tell a little white lie.  So I am thinking that she should be getting ready to 'go to dinner with the Mander's'.  I go change clothes and put them under my junky, comfy, Sunday afternoon clothes.  It is hard for me to be sneaky so I kept to myself in the bedroom with the door closed.  I then get a text from Jen telling me that the party is on Monday night, not Sunday night.  Crack me up!  Oh well.

So the party went off without a hitch on Monday night.  Great place, The Inn of Hyde Park, great food from all Emmy's favorite places, and great company.  She loves these families with all her heart and you can tell that they feel the same way about her.  And it is wonderful that they like us enough to include us.

I was able to only get a few pics.

I see her, well, her foot!

I think they actually pulled one over on her!

Silly string battle was epic!




And there were presents!  I don't know who was more excited, Emmy or Max?


Comments

Popular Posts