WallyWorld

Never a dull moment so far in this adventure!  Always so much to do and so little time!

There were shots he asked me to take that could only be shared with family...believe me, you don't want to see that.  But I can describe it to you.  His faithful service dog, Stitch, literally goes everywhere...EVERYWHERE...with him.  I am sitting on the couch and hear him calling me from the bathroom.  Oh, no was the first thing I thought.  Then he says 'bring your camera!'  What, to the bathroom?  Like the good daughter, I take my phone and get the camera ready.  Then he says, 'open the door just a crack and stick your camera in.  Do it really slow so she won't know you are there.'  So I ease the door open and find Stitch sitting right beside him while he is relieving himself.  Oh, my word!  

He felt so good that we headed to Wally World to get all the things on his list. (We are now making a list for the week and only trying to make one trip or two at the most to Wally World a week.)  Another thing to picture in your head...we are driving through the parking lot looking for those motorized scooters.  We spy one.  I go down to a wider section of road to make a u-turn.  Just at the exact time, we pull up to the scooter there is a lady getting out of her van right next to it.  I grab my dad's jacket and tell him to let her have that one, we can find another. I quickly surveyed the parking lot and found another one not too far away.  He jumps out (in Peep fashion) and heads for the cart while talking to the lady that got the first one.  Lord only knows what he said to her.  And then don't you know that we must have run into her about 50 times during our shopping trip.

And here are with all our desperately needed items.  Oh, he is so proud!

He felt so good that Aunt Judy and her puppy came down for a visit.  And we had to get in a few hands of cards.

I love watching them play cards.  It is like they can read each other's minds and hands.  They get a little upset with me because I am not the best player in the world.  But I am learning.  They are just so many things and cards to remember!

I saw this and thought it was so appropriate for today...especially today.

Last week I asked my friends on FB to send cards to my sister-in-law's father, Bob because he was about to give up on his cancer treatments and call it quits when he only had a few treatments to go.  I guess I wasn't very clear because several people thought it was my dad I was asking them to send cards to.  Some of you sent cards to Bob and my dad.  Of which I am very thankful.  My Dad received a card from one of my high school friends and former preschool parents.  He looks at the card and says, 'hey do we know any S. Vincent's?'  I said well, yes I do.  Then I explained how I knew them and connected it to someone he knows and thinks is a hoot (Roger Adams).  That made him smile.  I quickly found a basket and sat it on the table where he can pick them up and read them time after time because I know he will.  He may not remember who the S. Vincent's are but I will just tell him over and over again...as many times as he asks.

If you would like to send him a card, please leave me a message in the comments here or on FB or PM me and I will be glad to send you his address.

Comments

Popular Posts