A Week Of Rest

Mondays appointment with the oncologist resulted in no more chemo ever.  My dad's body just can't take it.  The doctor told us to expect that in the beginning but my dad wanted to get rid of the cancer the quickest way possible...like right now...not realizing what a toll it would take on him.  So chemo is out forever.  The radiation oncologist is also concerned about his quality of life and decided to stop radiation for this week and then re-eval later in the week.  Just go home, take the meds, drink water, watch what he eats, and get lots of rest.  So that is what we have been trying to all week.  But it is a little hard when you need to run to the bathroom every two or three hours.

This happy balloon was on his door when we got back from the doctor's offices.  Thanks, Val, you made coming home a little more fun today.

Stitch always knows when he isn't feeling great.  Best emotional therapy dog on the planet.  She will lay there with him for as long as he is there.

My two crazy aunts came for a visit and sent me out on the porch to enjoy the weather.  I know there was some method to their madness. The weather was so nice!

One of the ladies in the house, Reable, brought his an entire mac and cheese casserole and a big plate of food from a church luncheon  I enjoyed all the food!  Looks like I gave it away...when I can I try to eat dessert first.

An afternoon movie to put you to sleep.  There was no time to sleep in this one.  Action and blood packed from beginning to end.  Not for the faint of heart. I watched it sometimes only listening to a few scenes.  I think my dad saw a total of 15 minutes off and on.  Our movie one day this week will A Walk In The Woods.

There was a knock on the door.  I opened it and look who I found...Ms. Connie!  And she came with a boatload of goodies!  She knows what I like.

My dad as a hankering for potato soup.  Ms. Conniw said anytime he wanted some she'd bring it to him.  Whatever he needs.  She's the best.  
(Nice photobomb, Robin)
Robin, my crazy aunts, niece, nephew, and all the ladies will be holding down the fort.  I'll be back in the new week to see where our adventure will take us.
I enjoy going to the mailbox every day and finding cards of encouragement.  It is so fun watching him try to figure out who the senders are.  Keep 'em coming, he loves them!







Comments

Popular Posts