Santa and Mrs Clause and Thanksamas

Today has probably been one of the busiest day so far this month.  We started off early at Meadowview Elementary as Santa and Mrs. Clause.

Santa Selfie

One of our favorite helpers.

These kids see us all the time at our houses and at church but they had no idea it was us.  Crack me up!

Could be this years Christmas card?

The whole fam damily showed up.  I was so excited to see all by buddies!  There were about 5 cameras pointed at us.  Not my best shot.  I was probably cracking up!



Here we are with Mrs. Ellison, the most fun and awesome elementary principal around!  Thanks Kelli for giving us a great morning.
(My black stole is complements of our dress-up box in Wammyville.)


 (Table pics taken by Peep)
 We got home just in time to change clothes and put the last things together.  Wide variety of food as usual.  And all of it was delish.

We put all four leaves in the table.


One mishap.  Emmy was driving home from the swim meet and the car in front of her stopped and swerved not to hit a kid and her entire crop pot of hot and sour soup ended up in passenger floor.

No kid table at this house.  They all sit at the table for as long as they can handle it.  And when you sit by Peep you just never know.

(More pics by Peep,  he's getting pretty good at that phone camera!)
After filling our bellies to overflowing discomfort we parked it in the living room.  Once again all jammed together.




Checking out the gifts.

Alright, already, let's get to opening!

Calm before the storm.





 Ellis got a panini and all the fixing for sandwich making...including a roasted turkey!

Peep got a few games to share with all the ladies at Wyngate.  I can't wait to see this.  I better get me a few cases of Depends because I know I will need them!

And then came Old Faithful.  This gift box has been around longer then I have been an Ellis.  I made the executive decision this year to give it to the Honorary Ellis.  Michael gave him a grommet fro the flag retirement ceremony the scouts had a few weeks ago.  He had to explain it all to Peep and  I think Peep was honored.  I had to hold back the tears.  I thought it was a special moment for two or three reasons.  I am such a sap!  But it meant a lot to me.


And here we all are...well, minus Isaiah.  And believe me that the two with halos, are really not angels.

Great fun but I think I remember hearing Bryce say the next year we are going to his place!




Comments

Popular Posts