Monday With Dewey

 Mark and I spent the morning with Dewey while Betsy and the boys ran some errands.  It is always a treat to spend time with Dewey...you just never know what is going to happen.  He really didn't know who we were but seemed comfortable being with us so that was a plus.  He had a book that one of his buddies from the Navy had made him.  We looked through it and talked about the pictures, twice.

He looked so handsome in that uniform!

He told us stories about some of the pictures.  Who really knows if they were all true or not.  But it was fun to hear and see him smile.

After a bit I got out my quilt coloring book and colored pencils.  He loves to color.

So that is what we did...he colored one side of the page and I colored the other.  It was hard for him to decide what color to use and he always wanted me to tell him where to color.  Nope, not an enabler here.  Mark on the other hand, picked out some colors and showed him where to color.  I guess the men have to stick together.

I even had him put the pencils away in the box with all the points at the top. (video to follow)

 Finished masterpiece!

A little kiss on the check for all his hard work.  We have had a discussion what is the appropriate kiss.  He can only kiss Betsy on the lips....me always on the cheek...maybe even both cheeks.  He thinks that is so funny.

Looks nice for our first project together.  Wonder what it will be the next time?

And he always has to sign the back!  I love it!  He is starting to have a hard time reading.  I don't mean this is a mean way, but it is like teaching a new reader how to read.  Or a preschooler how to pick up toys.  It makes me so sad.  But he is happy and that is all that matters. 

He worked on these for us last month.

It was a real challenge for him to figure this out.  But with patience and encouragement he got the job done!



Comments

Popular Posts