Highly Recommend

I was given a book to read by one of the pastors at Eastside.  I can hardly do anything else but read, highlight, and write in it.  I have volunteered for a new job at church.  Don't really have a name for the job or even know exactly what it will entail but it has to do with little kids so I know it will be a challenge and a blast at the same time.  I am hoping that all my years in preschool, all the years with an awesome youth group, years fostering children, years caring for other children in our home, and years with our own 6 and then time with my grands...I will abe able to see the big picture, be able to help create the right enviromnets for loving, nurturing and learning about Jesus.


There are so many things to quote from the first 54 pages, but page 55 sums it all up for me...

'Every child deserves a champion, an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be."  

I can not tell you how  many times I have quoted the last phrase to my kids...that's just my job!

Comments

Popular Posts