And The Winners Are.....

Official Ballot

Tied for second place.  Erin with here white bean chicken chili and me with my salted caramel apple spoon cake.  The winner was a Hawaiian rice and chicken dish that was delicious!  I'm going to get the recipe!

We had lots of fun.  There were about 50 dishes.  The funniest one was a bucket of KFC sitting in the crock pot with the crockpot lid on it. There were two desserts made in crockpots.  The other was an apple crisp...delicious also.  Lots of good food, conversation, games, and kids dancing on the stage.

Funniest story of the evening...When we walked in we had to fill out a card with our names, name of the dish and a list of ingredients (for allergies sake).  Not thinking I wrote in Wammy.  When it came to announcing the winners there was a little concern that no one knew the Wammy's.  The judges and higher-ups didn't know a Wammy family so they decide as not to embarrass anyone they would just announce the dishes that were the winners.  And that is just what they did!  How funny.  And Erin and her family and Mark and I were sitting together in the front of the room.  They announced me first and I raised my arms in victory and then they called Erin's names and she did a little-seated victory dance.  We had a good laugh!

Comments

Jan said…
How fun!! Wammy, indeed!

Popular Posts