HPS Flood Relief

We had a horrible rain a week or so ago.  Flash flooding was terrible.  (I am thankful to be on top of a hill).  The basement of HPS  (Hyde Park School) was not so lucky.  The K teachers room was right next to the drain that backed up.  She lost everything in her room on about the second day of school.  I know how hard teachers work to get their classrooms just right.  My heart sank when I heard that she had lost EVERYTHING.  I wanted to immediately get on my boots, grab my rubber gloves and mask...I was even willing to go to CVS and get a tetanus shot on the way down to the school...but my family told me to cool my jets and wait to see what was going to happen with the clean up. Okay, Plan B...what can I make to help with setting the classroom back up once it is cleaned and sanitized?

I can make seats for milk carton used for seats.

We had a big sheet of plywood just waiting to be used in the garage.

We picked up some foam pads which had to be cut down...that was fun.  I used my electric knife that we use to slice the turkey at Thanksgiving.  (I didn't think of doing that, I have see the ladies at the fabric store cut foam before)

I measured and Pappy cut.  Teamwork!

I sanded the edges.

Lots of sanding...don't want and splinters in those little hineys.

Used some spray glue to hold the foam to the plywood.


Stapled the fabric on.

Extra hands were helpful.

Not too bad if I don't say so myself.

Cute!


Stay tuned because I might need your help in collecting things like TP tubes, cans, books...the list is coming.


Comments

Popular Posts