Playing Catch-Up Again At The End Of The Month

I have been burning the candle at both ends.  I am so far behind on blogs it isn't even funny.  So tonight I am trying to catch up.

So tonight I begin with a slideshow of our trip to fours states, hiking a little in each state to start my dream of hiking on the Appalachian Trail (the AT)  I am doing the 14 State Challenge.


I had thought about writing something about every pic that I took then I realized two things.  It would take me forever and that you would be bored after about the 20 shot.  So I have tried to put together a little slide show of most all the pictures I took.  I, of course, love them all and they each mean a lot to me.  This is something I have wanted to do for a long , long time.  I have read every book I can find  Talked to thru-hikers.  Talked to people who have started and quit but will come back another day.  I didn't figure at the age I am not and the responsibilities I have I could take off a half a year to do a thru-hike.  So I am doing the next best thing for me...The 14 State Challenge.  Hike a little of the trail in each of the 14 states.  And I wanted to start at the beginning because that is just how I am wired.  But Mark talked some sense into me and we started our journey, where else but WV!  
Hike your own hike!


Guess I better get to sewing these on my backpack so I can keep track of where we have been and where we need to go!

Comments

Popular Posts