You Just Never Know Who Will Walk Through The Front Door

We knew that Jeremy was bringing the youth group from Kenova Baptist to Kings Island and Spirit Song.  They were spending the night at our church.  Total of 30.  Well, little did they know that there was only one shower.  I text with Jeremy back and forth...they boys ended up here in the hot tub and in the shower.  Thank heavens all the laundry (towels) were clean.  It was fun seeing Jeremy and telling the youth old stories of when he grew up.  I have a million of them.  Some of them I will share and some I better keep to myself.

There are the boys all smelling good and squeaky clean.  They were the best!  I even got to be Dr. Mom for some of the boys and their sunburns.


While sitting at the Reds game last week I get a text from Luke Creasy (one of our 'nephews') asking if the boys can sleep on the floor.  'The boys' I am referring to is the group Torn In Two.  They were earned an opportunity to play on the main stage at Spirit Song at King's Island in Cincinnati.  Well, of course, you all can.  So four boys (two of which we know) and one fiance and her little brother come to spend the night.  The 'train room' for the 'extras' and the basement couch and floor for Torn in Two.

 I think they must have had a good nights sleep.  They all got up in good moods.  And Mark was in rare form.  He teased all of them all morning long.  Before they left for their next gig in Frankfort, KY we took them to Bob Evan's for breakfast.

I love it that people feel comfortable enough with us that they can call and ask if they can crash here.  Of course, you can.  WE always have enough floor space, blankets and pillows to go around. 

Never a dull moment around here that is for sure!!

Comments

Popular Posts