Garden Party

I got a special phone call the other night from Marli inviting me to a Garden Party.  You know I said yes!  Party.  Garden.  Special invite.  How could I say no?

In my mind, I am thinking Garden Party like the ones we have in the backyard with pretty places, sweet tea and lots of good things to eat.

Then I find out it is a real, dirty Garden Party!  Now, that's my kind of party!  So Marli and I are off across the field towards the Community Garden behind her elementary school.  Thanks for the picture Kelli, I love it!

Someone had already prepared the plot and covered it with a ground cloth.  Marli's leader was in the process of cutting squares in the ground cloth and placing plants so all the girls would need to do it dig a hole, put the plant in and cover the roots with dirt.

Oh my gosh!  It was worse than herding cats.  But amazingly enough, all the plants got planted and the plot looks really great.

Planting pole beans.

We had a fun time planting.  I even met some of Marli's friends, and one I recognized from Summer Camp last year.

We got to have pizza, cake and brownies before the Awards Ceremony.  The official picture to show that she is a full-fledged Brownie!

Oh, I remember the Friendship Circle!

What a loud, energetic, laughable, friendly bunch of girls.

Comments

Popular Posts