This Is How My Weekend Started

Things have been going on behind my back!  Little did I know on the busiest weekend of the year so far, I would get a visitor for WI.  My old neighbor, Ms, Yvonne, would make the 8/9 hour trip to OH to stay for the weekend as a huge SURPRISE to me.  MARK and Emmy are great secret keepers.

I had made plans with Betsy to come to her house and help her with Dewey's quilt top.  They  would fix chili for dinner.  Yum!  And I would stay for as long as it took to get the top pieced.  Just after we finished dinner Mark calls and asks where I am.  I thought he knew I was at Betsy's.  He meant where in the house are you, upstairs downstairs.  Well upstairs.  He tells me to come to the door because he has something for me and he doesn't want to ring the doorbell and bother Dewey.  So I go open the door for him.  He walk in and out from behind him comes Ms. Yvonne!  WOW! Shocker!

And look I have on a WI sweatshirt, how fitting.  Of course Betsy's feeds Yvonne.

And then she whips this up.  Looks gross but I can tell you it is like eating soft crunchy peanut butter fudge.

Then I made mine into a little snowman face.  I needed the extra sugar to fuel my body for the next few hours of quilting.  Thank heavens Ms, Yvonne is a math wiz.  We had lots of figuring to do.  Ms Yvonne and I made it back home around midnight to start the weekend of fun!  We never stopped.  We even had a slumber party int he warm basement on Sunday night!  Girls only with our books, heated rice socks and warm quilts.

Comments

Popular Posts