One Of My Favorites

Growing up I can remember my aunts making potato candy at my grandmothers house.  I love that stuff.  So this Christmas I traded some Red Pepper Jelly for a batch of potato candy.  Problem was...it was in WV and we were in OH.  So Mark had to make a trip home to see his dad and work on the little house and we brought it back to me.  I almost didn't get it.  My dad thought it was his.  I set him straight on that one.  So today I finished the last of the crumbs...and yes I did lick the plastic wrap.


When every morsel was gone I text her and asked for the recipe.  She immediately picked up the phone t tell me that she looked for the recipe but couldn't find it...GREAT!   Then the phone rang.  I listened while she told me what to do.  No exact measurements.  I will just know by the feel.  I'm not to confident mine will turn out.  But she promised me that they next time we all are in the same place, she will give me a lesson.  I can hardly wait.  In the meantime I'll give it a try.  What could be so bad...I can still eat the mistakes.  It won't look like here but it will have the same taste...hopefully.

Comments

Popular Posts