Ella Bella Is Feeling Her Age

Over the last few days since the weather has turned wet and cold I have notices that Ella doesn't want to do too much.  And she is limping and just not getting around like she did before.  Guess that is what old age will do to you...spoken from one that know the pain of it all!  I know she knows she doesn't feel well because she follows me around everywhere!  And I mean everywhere.  If I don't fall  over her and break a hip it will be a miracle.  She even comes downstairs and get s spot under the table and waits for us to go back upstairs.  That has never happened before.  She has such a bad back that she is not allowed to go up and down stairs.

She slept through all the fun.

At nap time for two days she has laid with me under the covers.

And she snores!

Last night I heated up to rice socks for her and gave her some Benadryl.  I made her a soft pallet on the floor by the couch with all the quilts we own...

This is where she slept and I slept on the pallet.  She moved once and never asked to go out.  Usually she is out twice in the night if you don't want to clean up a mess in the morning.  She has always slept in a kennel but I feel bad for her so I liberated her from the kennel.  She is going on 9 years old so with her age comes some privileges.

(Mark was out of town and I just had a bad feeling about what might happen this trip.  I had vision of her passing and me with a house full of yahoos, trying to bury her.)




Comments

Popular Posts