Double Shift Today

Mark, Michael and I did a double pack today...meaning we packed in the morning, had lunch and packed in the afternoon.

Nice crisp morning for helping hands.
A Child's Hope International
Hands Against Hunger
thechildrenarewaiting.org
2430 East Kemper Road, Cincinnati, OH
513-771-2244




I love it when I group has kids.  They are so much fun and I can talk to them and lots of them get it why they are here.  They love their jobs.  They want to do different jobs.  My first group was a family and some friends.  Two tables in competition.  That makes for a fast interesting morning.

a chicken powder, a dried vegetable mix, a cup of soy, and an overflowing cup of rice...that's what we like to call the 1,2,3,4.

The bags are then weighed, sealed and then pounded before being counted and packed.

Sometime little legs and hands get tired so the best station is decorating boxes.  I love this!

Michael's Builders Club from the junior high had a table.

Wanting to get it just right so he used the finger space method between the words.  Love this!  Takes me back.

This little angel has the sweetest heart.

These were Mark's kids...the cold trinkets at lunch time and raised over $600!  Way to go guys!

See I told you she had a sweet heart.

The morning pack... 
13 boxes
36 meals in each box 
and each meal feeds 6
total of 2,808 full bellies

After lunch of homemade vegetable soup and some of the best chicken salad that has ever gone in my mouth I had some time and decided to look at all the info on the walls.

I loved that we pack food for two of my favorite places, Appalachia and the Cincinnati area.

The afternoon pack was with a group of French students for a nearby high school.  They were GREAT!!!

The teacher even brought her own family and then some friends also.

And the junior high Builders Club was back!

The twins could do it all except they weren't old enough to run the sealer.  I am sure when they are old enough they will be back!

We reached our goals in both packed...first pack goal was 100,000 meals.  The second was 75,000.  Way to go teams!

After the packing is finished the cleaning up begins.  Michael has found his place to serve.

I love going to help for so many reasons.  Not only to help feed those that are hungry but I have made new friends and have been able to reconnect with some old friends.  It is just a feel good place all around!

If you are in the Cincinnati area you might consider checking out this organization and maybe volunteering a few hours of your time.  I guarantee you will get hooked!

Comments

Popular Posts