The Hike That Never Happened

Mark and I set off for a new hike.  Emmy and RRT suggested we try a hike or two in Mt Airy Forest.  It is on the other side of Cincinnati.  I packed my new backpack with 24 pounds.  Gathered up the hiking sticks and got water bottles filled.  Packed some snacks.  Laced up my boots and said I was ready to go.  Once we got there we found lots and lots of people...a 50K and a 27K race was going on.  And several of the trails had been closed because the hunters now have permission to hunt deer.  So we drove around for a bit and found the famous tree house.  Then we found the arboretum.


Everybody's Treehouse is the first universally accessible treehouse in our area.  I say an alligator, how about you?

Cool window coverings.

The treehouse is constructed using 12 trees.


Then we saw this on a tree.

I'm wondering what this is?

Azaleas still blooming.

Rhododendrons still blooming also.



This bark looks like elephant skin.


At every branch it looks like there were stitches.







Comments

Popular Posts