Another Scouting Weekend

Mark and I got to go with the scouts to the NMLRA Camp-O-Ree.  That means National Muzzle Rifle Loading Association.  We got rained on.  It turned cold and then turned beautiful our last morning there.  I even got to shoot at .22 rifle.  My Dad is going to be so proud!
WARNING:  Picture Overload!

All happy campers headed to a weekend to remember!

We set up in off and on again rain, sprinkles and mist.



Getting some direction.

Getting the red wrist bands.


Everyone getting instructions.

Dancing in the rain.


dishes

 Cleaning the dutch lesson.

Layering to keep warm and dry.



We witnessed lots of smiles all weekend long.

Even through the rain.

And the cold.



There was lots of waiting in line.  The boys were great about it.  They always seemed to find something to do to make the time go by.


They stood in line FOREVER waiting to their tune to load and shoot a muzzle loaded riffle.


























 Then they shot a .22 riffle.







Is Carl really praying?

I even got to shoot!



 .22 caliber pistols

















Cooking up a little soup for dinner.

Grilled cheese master...


BB guns






Tomahawk throwing
















 All three scouts 'hit the wood' on the same throw turn.

Archery













My Dad smoked a pipe when I was little.  I love the smell of pipe tobacco.  I found me a friend!

Air rifels






 Home Sweet Tent Home

Delicious, hot beef stew.

Resourceful young men.  If you can't find your cup...empty containers are just as good.

The bathroom bunker.

Apple crisp made in the dutch oven.

Campfire and skits.




 Breakfast prep
















Breaking down camp




 Shotguns






















Comments

Popular Posts