Another Short One In The Books

After dinner Mark and I headed for the Nature Center.  We have to walk fast because nightfall is coming sooner everyday.  It makes me a little scared. that we might get stuck on a trail after dark.  Maybe i should pack my headlamp in my day pack.  Tonight I carried 10 extra pounds in my daypack.  Slowly working my way up to 30 pounds.

Trees must be down

A green stink bug?


We walked the Lookout Trail (we call it the brown eagle trail)  The grasslands were full of monarch butterflies and birds tonight.




I'm guessing these are some type of mushroom or toadstool but they looked like little gray pearls.

We walked another two miles.  This time without incident this trip.  14 miles down with only 86 to go to my goal of 100 miles by the end of the year.

Comments

Popular Posts