Oh My Word!

If you ever need people to keep a huge secret from others...Mark and Emmy are the two you should look up!  They have know for awhile that Hannah Bell was coming for the weekend.  I had just finished up a week at camp and just walked in the door.  I had enough time to go to the basement with a load of art supplies.  Mark whispers down the stairs that our neighbor was out on the porch and he wanted to talk to me.  Our neighbor lost his wife and on top of that he isn't feeling to well.  I'm thinking what cold be wrong...his cat is sick...he is sick...my mind is racing.  I try to get some more information about his condition from Mark.  All he says is that he is on the front porch.  Well  let me just tell you that it wasn't Bill I saw.  Nope Hannah from WI...Hannah. Bell Bresson!  I was shocked to say the least.  Haven't got to hug on this girl for a coon's age.  Well, I guess you know what happened next.  The flood gates opened up...actually the busted open and I was a shaking blubbering idiot.
 
Sarah just happened to be coming over to do laundry.  She was just as shocked as I was but she seemed to hold it together better than I did.
 
Sarah ran down and put a load in while we decided where to go to dinner.

Eli's BBQ 

I think she loved it! 
And when you ae from out of town and driving in the car with Mark you always make little side trips to cool places in the city.
 
 


Buds since third grade...Fox River Church, Washington-Caldwell School...Phantom Ranch...ICHTHUS...Backyard Book Club....and the list goes on and on!

ou can't think just because you are company that you won't have to do chores.  Egg gathering first on her list of chores.  She use to be one of my weed pickers in WI.  That's another story for another day!

The Little Miami was perfect for kayaking on Saturday.

Me in Michael's kayak with my pretty beach hat...lucky fishing hat...

Frick and Frack in the dual.
 
 

And there they go!

Mark is off after a little mishap with his kayak getting away from him.  Another story for another time .  He must have said that this was the best float he has ever had on this part of the river.  We were there with about a million other yakers

Lunch at By Golly's in Old Milford.  Her first taste of Saratogo chips.

We were all just a little hungry.  Starved, parched and sunburned.

Nothing like topping the night off with a good old campfire!

 
While Mark waited for a call from backpacking Michael, Hannah and I rode to Loveland and back...a little over 18 miles.

We stopped at The SchoolHouse Restaurant on the way back to check out the goats and found that they had more than just goats.


 

 
We had the best time.  It was so good to see her smiling face. And to learn about what she has been doing since we left WI almost 10 years ago.  God puts people in your path for a reason.  Her reason is for me to smile and remember all the great things about WI and all the people that I love there.   She is a sweetheart inside and out.  Now we are on the look out for a Godly man for her.
And we sent her off in style...with some Skyline in her belly!
 
Already planning her return trip.  And hoping that her parents will come with her the next time.  Now wouldn't that be a hoot!  We will have PIE every night!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts