Getting Ready For Sam To Arrive

....we have to count down the days until sometime early October.

Tini's friends and family gave her a baby shower.  I was asked to do the flowers.  Why sure!
 
It was a mega busy week around here and I had an idea in mind for the flowers.  Ours were so pretty in the yard I decided instead of buying flowers from the florist I'd cut fresh ones from the yard.  And I thought my cobalt blue bottle collection would be perfect.  I used limelight hydrangeas, black-eyed Susan's, hosta leaves, some lemon balm sprigs, and flamingo lily leaves.  I thought they looked really nice.  They even came complete with a few little black ants.

And low and behold they matched everything in the room!


Mark and I found some cool metal letters at Hobby Lobby.  Thought we could use them as decorations at the shower and then Bryce and Tini could use them in Sam's room.


I whipped up a baby quilt in three late nights.  I tried to match the color of the invitation because I think that will be the color they paint Sam's room once they move.
 

Just look at the quilting would you!  I amaze myself sometimes.  I think I did it with my eyes crossed and one eye open the night before the shower around 3:00AM.
 
The shower was really nice.  The food was great (Montgomery Inn).  Scenery is always awesome.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts