A Very Special Visitor

A few years ago I got a text from a friend in Huntington telling me about a family in need.  They are from Huntington, Pea Ridge Baptist Church.    I have no idea who they are and they have no idea who I am.  Jenna was born in Huntington and rushed to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati if I remember right.  There is a post somewhere on the blog that tells the entire story .  I remember asking Leigh Ann to send me a pic of Cari so I would know who to look for.  She did and I sent a pic of me so I wouldn't be some stranger off the street. (I'll see if I can find the post and link it here.)  I gather things for a 'Hospital Care Package'.  I asked what they liked.. Added some quarters.  I even made a quilt for Jenna and a Cincinnati Reds tie fleece blanket for Cari and Mark for those long cold days and nights that they would be spending at the hospital.

Jenna is such a fighter.  I don't know the number of surgeries that she has had already or the number she will have in the future but I know she is special.

One day out of the blue I get a message on FB from Cari saying they will be in Cincinnati for an appointment and they would love to come by so I can see how beautiful Jenna is.  Of course!

And she is a cutie pa-tootie!  Funny and smart as whip.  I have to tell you that I was so excited to see her.  And she looks awesome.  Played with just about everything in Wammyville.  And I have to say that without all the prayers said on her behalf by the prayer warriors I contacted in through the blog and emails.  I takes a village and the hand of God to work miracles like this one.

I haven't heard how the appointment went but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Comments

Popular Posts