First Day of Down and Dirty Camp

Can we just say that I was a little bummed with the weather.  Down and Dirt Camp was supposed to be outside today where we could go creekin', dig in the creek with shovels, pick up creepy crawlers, get good and dirty but instead it decided to rain starting right before camp and it stopped right after camp!  So Plan B it was today...right off the cuff.
 
Being the newbie on the block I had no idea there was supposed to be a key.  I guess I just thought the doors would be magically opened.  Or that it might have been in my supply box and I just overlooked it. Don't really know why I thought that.  Not to worry, one of my trusted assistants came to the rescue with a key.  And I have another really smart assistant.  She knows what key to put where to unlock the doors and turn off the alarm.  Had no clue about that either.  We set up in record time!  Thank heavens for 15 years of preschool experience.

Standing in a bucket of mud up to your ankles brought squeals of joy and lots of smiles.
 
And then there was painting your hands and feet.

Can you see the joy?

Shovel and 'dirt clod' relays...done inside with squishy balls.

Making footprints on bubble wrap covered with butcher paper.

Homemade mud playdough that smells like chocolate for the bugs to hide in.

More painting.  This was supposed to be with a paintbrush but I'll take feet too.

This little buddy just didn't want to have anything to do with anything that was dirty.  I talked him about how fun it was and had him look at all the fun the other campers were having.  I got called away for something and the next time I looked over at him look what I saw!

More relays...this time in and out of cones.

Feet washing was a big hit also.

And look who decided to check out the mud bucket.  He only put his finger in at first.  But then got right in the bucket.  Wish you could have seen his big smile.  SUCCESS!

I think she is making a cage for her insects so they don't get away.

Target Practice.  This was going to be the coolest thing...if we had been outside.  We were all going to make mud balls and let them dry a little bit in the sun.  Then I was going to draw a few targets on the sidewalk.  Then target practice could begin.  Plan B...

Oh my gosh.  This yahoo could have painted his entire body and he would have been fine with that.  LOVED IT!  I can just see his mom shaking her head now.

One of my favorite shots of from the day.

Look who decided this mud thing was fun after all!

Insect fossils
 
Hmmmm...looks like Plan B again for tomorrow.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts