A Little Spring Break Road Trip

My driver and I ran out to Cedarmore to see the Zook's and get some pictures and information for the Cedarmore Farm CSA blog and you know there is going to be some side stops along the way after all the 'work' is finished.  I was asking Anna where she bought her foods in bulk.  She told us to go to Bainbridge, OH (30 minutes by car...2 hours by buggy) and check out Jr's.  So we did. 

But on the way we say this bakery.  Oh my word!  I think I gained 10 just by walking in the door!

Love the way that you ordered.  You can even watch the Mennonite women making the sandwiches.  While we were waiting I watched them make fresh noodles.

Turkey on wheat for Mark.

Hot ham and cheese for me.  And I am telling you the truth that when I took the first bite I was in love!  It tasted just like a Cam's ham for home.
 
I think we ended up with a mini pecan pie, a mini loaf of cinnamon and a mini loaf of white bread and maybe I got a free banana nut muffin.  There are so many items to choose from.  I already know that they next trip I am getting a lemon fried pie. Or was that an apple fritter?  Ah heck, why not both!

The bulk food store is right up the road.  Their sign had blown down but when I saw the buggy I knew we were in the right place.

And can you imagine...Heiner's bread from home in a bulk food store!

And who could pass this up...not me!  When I finish reading it I am going to send it to the Andy's.  They will love it.

Comments

Popular Posts