Celebrating

Made a day trip to WV to celebrate the life of one of Huntington's greatest citizens.
 
A. Michael Perry
I have not enough words to express what this man has meant to our family, our home church family, our hometown, and our state.  Most loving, humble, honorable men I have ever called a friend.  It hurts deeply to know I won't see his face or be able to hug his neck when I go back home.  But I will be able o hear his voice.  I saved the  last voicemail I had gotten from him thanking me for hooking him up with a friend, Nora Stager, that had written a book about her childhood in Appalachia.  His dream was for the schoolchildren of Appalachia to grow up knowing, understand and being proud of where they come from. I am one of those children.  He and his wife, Henriella with son Audy and his wife Laura, have over the years built Heritage Farm and Museum.  It is his legacy.
Please visit the Farm site.
 

Comments

Popular Posts