Quick Hike At The End Of The Day

The Nature Center closes at 5PM.  We arrive at 4:15PM.  We think we can do 'The Turtle Trail' in less that an hour.

I'm always looking for animals as we hike,   I love seeing animals in the wild.  Our last hike we were able to get really close to two white-tailed deer.  So I'm walking along headed for the first bird blind when I see a white puffy bird ahead on the trail.  I am thinking I have finally been able to find an owl.  It looked about that shape and size.

When I get closer I see that it is some kind of hawk.

Emmy and I think it might be a juvenile red tailed hawk.

A man passing us on the trail told his kids it was an osprey.

I'm thinking my buddy, Lester, will know for sure.

 


 

Not much time left.



 Oh how he wanted to get out on that ice.
 








Comments

Popular Posts