Redwing Trail Hike...7 miles

Michael and I took to the woods today 'to enjoy nature.'  We are trying to finish up all the trails but now we have anew goal because the Passports have changed...all the trails with Ella and better our times each week.  Hopefully we will be able to make it a Sunday activity during the school year and maybe a different day during the summer.

There were more trees down that I remember from our last hike.  I think these little resting spots are awesome.

The Passport...Hike For Your Health Challenge.  You pick up a map and a heart rate monitor from the Front Desk Naturalist (Today it was Noel Prows..my favorite,Lester Peyton has moved to the northern part of the state).  You hike then return to the Front Desk and get you passport stamped.  For every three trails completed you get a prize.  Hike all 15 and become a Trailblazer and get a grand prize...a cool t-shirt.


Lots of trees creaking in the wind...a few birds ( I swear I saw a Blue Grosbeak, or an Indigo Bunting, or was it a Blue Bunting...it was a blue as Michael's jeans in the next picture)



As usual Michael read everything we came across and I took pictures.


Strangest tree.  I'll research it and get back to you on what it is.  Actually I will send the picture to the Naturalist and he can then tell us about it.


I will be planting these this week.

Comments

Popular Posts