One Last Campout

Thanksgiving Feast
 
We made it back from Huntington in time for Michael to get ready for the last campout of the year.  We had our regular out to dinner, dinner.  This campout we asked Sarah to go to Hot Heads with us.  By the time we were finished and headed to CubWorld is was almost dark.  And you know what that means...setting up the tent in the dark.  Always a fun challenge!  Was not able to handle the tent set up, holding a flashlight in my mouth, gaging at every breath and my camera.  So you will just have to take my word for it that we sure did have an interesting time.
 
On Saturday night the scout families are invited to a full blown Thanksgiving dinner.  When we arrived we found some of the Shadow Patrol playing poker.

I think it must be a rite of passage into the 'bigger scout' part of the troop.  I'm not too sure they really knew what they were doing.  But with each campout they seems to be gaining more card knowledge.

The adults cook all day while the boys do their thing.




After dinner the entertainment begins.  Each Patrol preforms a skit.  Some skits are traditional...meaning each campfire it is done.  'Call The Doctor' seems to be a favorite.

There was also a flag retirement ceremony.  I got elbowed by my favorite scout because I didn't have my had over my heart.  Well, it is a little hard to do when you are trying to get a good shot of what is happening.  Not once but twice did I get the elbow.  I guess I wasn't being respectful!
 
We aired out the tent and then packed it up ready for another fun year of campouts starting in the spring.

Comments

Popular Posts