And The Birthday Finally Comes To An End

They saved the BEST 'till last!  We (10 of us and one friend of Katie Rupp's...long story) drove to Louisville, KY today to see a production of Newsies!  The Ellis family LOVES the Newsies.  Long standing tradition...we watch it each year to commemorate the move to Cincinnati the first time when the Napier family and the Ellis family went to the theater to see it on New Year's.

We sing the songs in the car when driving on vacation.   We sing and dance in Wammyville to the music. We talk about it all the time.  I wrote letters and tried to get the production company to come to Cincinnati...no luck  Then on my birthday they tell me we are going.  I didn't believe it at first!  If you know my family at all...they love to tease me and they drive me crazy!  I thought they were doing it to me again.  Then when I realized they were telling the truth...but you can't guess what I did...I cried.  And did a big old happy dance!  Newsies here I come!
 
Then today before we left I got a little worried that I wouldn't like it because it wasn't going to be the same as the movie.  They might leave out some of the songs.  They would add new stuff....Oh little did I know!
 
11 tickets!  Great seats!  We all were going.  Then Trevor had to stay in West Lafayette to work (you know he does that each Sunday) so we had an extra ticket.  One of Emmy's friends, Brooke, said that she would love to go.  But then this morning Emmy got a call from Brooke saying that she was too sick to go.  Plan B...post it on FB for anyone wanting to go.  We posted and Katie Rupp (who just went to see it a few weeks ago) said she would ask around her friends in Louisville to see if there would be any takers.  Low and behold found someone.  We met a new friend Sarah.  She fit right in.  Funny story...Cassie knows Katie's mom for CO and I know Katie from at trip she made to Cincinnati once...I don't know Katie's mom and Cassie doesn't know Katie.  Little bit strange I'd say.  But fun!

 The Kentucky Center
 
We planned to arrive in plenty of time to eat lunch before the show.  We a little time to kill before the restaurant opened so we took a little walk.  Fun stuff to see and read.  Emmy and Sarah found this gentleman just smiling and sitting on a bench.


We love us some good Mexican!

Delicious food!  And the best thing...it was right across the street from The Kentucky Center.  I was too busy eating to get any pictures.


A few of us got to get some souvenirs  Love the Newsie hats!

Cassie posted this one FB and one of her college roommates commented back saying that she use to babysit the guy five spaces up from Alaire's head...Dan DeLuca.  We looked him up...he is Jack Kelly the leader of the Newsies!

The set was INCREDIABLE!

Photo bomb by Auntie Em.

Bryce and Tini after the show.
 
I must say that the show was great.  I sang!  I clapped my hands!  I danced in my seat!  I cried!  I laughed!  I listened to Bryce sing!  I grinned from ear to ear!  I loved it!  I could have seen it again and again and again!  I think I was the first one up for the standing ovation!  It was great!  I bought the t-shirt.  Mark bought me the bag.
 
Thanks fam for a great extended birthday!
 

Comments

Popular Posts