Weekend in West Virginia



Emmy and I went home to visit with the 'rents' last weekend.  Terry and Lisa came over for dinner.   All Papaw's favorites, beans, fried potatoes, cornbread and the best apple pie you ever put in your mouth.

 Mamaw loves Mandarin oranges.
 
90 years and still going strong...and rotten to the core!

I think she might be snoozing in her chair watching Show Boat.  She is supposed to be getting ready for breakfast.

Chef Keith fixes her a boiled egg (one of my eggs this morning), a waffle, orange juice and milk.  Breakfast fit for a queen.
 
I planted a chestnut tree in the backyard of the little house when we first moved in there in 1979.  It is a mosster today.  And Keith HATES it!  So being the good daughter-in-law that I am, I went out and raked up all the burs and got the big nuts that fell out while I was raking.  Emmy looked up a few recipes and maybe we will be trying one.  I have eaten them raw but never baked or over a campfire.

Comments

Popular Posts