Mamaw Goes To The Beauty Shop

It has been quite some time since Mamaw has been able to get out and get her hair done.  She had a standing appointment on Friday mornings for something like 20 plus years.  After her appointment, she and Papaw would go to McDonald's for lunch and sit in the car in a special place in the parking lot they called 'the loving spot'.
 
When we were home last weekend Keith told me that he wanted to take her to get her hair done.  I wasn't so sure that was a good idea.  It now take a few people to care for her.  Keith has been instructed that he is no longer allowed to lift her.  At 90 years old he shouldn't be lifting anything...well, maybe a broom.   So Terry, Lisa and Keith loaded her in the car and off they went to the mall to see Hazel.
 
The shop wasn't open.  The two owners where there to open up the shop.  Katherine was the only customer there.  This is her angel, Hazel.  I have never met Hazel but from what I hear she is the sweetest thing on earth.  She has always taken such good care of Katherine.  Just talks to her and pampers her to death.  And I think she likes Keith too.  I think he really misses going and chatting with all the people there.  He has developed relationships with all the people that work there too.

But today there was no chatting...just a little snoozing.

And there she is...all beautiful and ready for whatever the day brings. I have a strange feeling that she slept the rest of the day.  And I bet is was a good restful sleep.
 

Comments

Popular Posts