Going To Try It...Don't Know If I Will Like It

A friend shared some fresh milk with me.  This should be interesting!
 
Andy and Lizzie, my Amish friends, 'introduced' me to something a little different.  Long story but I promise to make it short.  A Hoover Mennonite friend of Andy's, Scott Richardson, needed a drop off for his dairy...Sugartree Ridge Grassfed.  I told Andy to let him know that I would do
it for him.
 
Yesterday I got a letter from Scott thanking me for my willingness to be a drop-off location.  And because I am so kind, he sent me a half gallon of his milk.  Now, if you know me very well you know that I am NOT a milk drinker at all.  Well maybe if I have a piece of chocolate cake or some really rich chocolate chip cookies.  Milk has never been my friend.  So I am just a little skeptical about this whole drinking milk straight from the cow thing. 
 
So I looked at this milk all afternoon.  Nice cream on top.  Ice cold nice glass bottle that I wish I could keep.  I waited until my friend Jen came to pick up her CSA box and we tried it together.  I have to say that it smells like 'real' milk, looks like 'real' milk, and even tastes like 'real' milk.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Actually shocked.  Guess I'll run to Kroger and see what they have in the bakery for my midnight snack tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts