Could Not Have Had A Better Time!

Called all my friends to see who could join me on the Official 127 Longest Yard Sale Weekend.  These two crazies were the only ones available.  Probably a good thing because we wouldn't have had any way to get some of our treasures home.  Early around 8AMish we headed out.

We 'let' Dewey have then entire back.  He packed enough stuff for a weeks adventure I think...food, drinks, newspaper, books....

We started in Florence, KY.  We had already decided to eat lunch in the car while traveling and then dinner at Shaker Village in Harrodsburg, KY.  Dewey just wasn't getting it at first.  We finally stopped in a church parking lots to give him his first taste of the 127.  He was hooked!  He likes to shop and bargain!  My kind of passenger.  Betsy is more the quiet silent type.  She studies everything as she slowly goes to each table.  My strategy is to walk the entire place find interesting things then go back and really decide if I can use it and then where I can use it.  I tend to gravitate to the older junk...the rusty stuff.

Somewhere in KY behind a big tree we found a johnny.  Oh yea!  And a nice touch, hand sanitized by the door.

 I didn't get too many shots because I was really busy looking and weaving in and out of people.  Lots of other crazies out today.  The weather for the most part was good.  Spotty rain, cooler breeze until the end of our adventure.  Then it was hotter than blue blazes!
 
I have been looking for old metal chairs for Cassie.  She wants to put them around a firepit like ours.  I found these four reasonably priced but was able to get them for a bit less.  So now she has two new to her square backed old metal chairs.  Wonder how she will paint them?

Our last stop was Uncle Jody's Junk.  If you read the blog you will remember that Mark and I stopped there last Monday during our RECON trip.  Been friends with this family for lots, and lots of years.  Next year Jody has asked me to come down and help him get ready...YEA!!!  You can not imagine how many treasures he has!  Barn after barn, trailer after trailer...I can not wait!  We are even going to work up a little something on FB for him.  He seems to be doing well and meeting hundreds of interesting people.

And of course we had dinner at Shaker Village!

Betsy had chicken over a bed of spinach with feta cheese and cherry tomatoes, smashed and mashed new potatoes that were grown on the grounds, along with green beans.

I talked Dewey into getting the catfish because my said it was more than delicious.

I had the biggest piece of country ham this side of the Ohio River with red gravy.  My mouth is still watering!
And of course we had a piece of lemon pie!  Maybe I should share the recipe on another blog?  Anyone interested in the recipe?

Mt treasures of the day...two metal chairs, a colbalt blue jar with lid, a new water cooler for the backyard yahoos, a wooden rolling pin, clear glass insulator, a little chicken and some chicks for the printers drawer, a blue glass chicken, some shiny rocks for our new hopscotch squares, an old wooden ruler, a new flag, a piece of Jody's grandparents barn wood, a cast iron chicken doorstop and a picture of kids and chickens playing together.
 
And of course a bright new t-shirt!
 
Not a bad day...8AM to 10PM
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts