A Little Antiquing

On the way out of town we stopped by the library for a little entertainment.  Mark went in looking for Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail....true story about Cheryl Strayed 1.100 mile hike.  Cassie read it.  Emmy is reading it.  And I am waiting my turn when she is finished.  Thought it might be a good one to listen to since Mark wants to hike the Appalachian Trail sometime.  Instead he got this book by one of his favorite authors.  Then he chose A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck, which we still have one CD to listen too.  I would recommend both.

On the way home we took the back roads.  Actually we were going to an antique shop Cassie thought we would love.  It was about an hour away from West Lafayette.

We saw this place and came to an abrupt stop in Fulton, IN.  Really old inside that they had stuff on stuff on stuff.  There was a chicken I should have bought but didn't.  Maybe she will still be there the next trip.

Green Oak
3024S 425E
Rochester, IN
 
Oh my, I was in heaven.  I found things that we already have in the yard.  Some things that I have been looking for and a few things that I am still thinking about.

I am surprised that nothing from that table with all the galvanized things came home with me.  Weighing my options very carefully.  Holding on to those dollars for just the right thing.

I love this!  But Cassie loves it more.  It almost came home with me but they weren't willing to come down enough.  I will probably have to go back to see if the price has come down next soccer game.

Loved this place.  Nice people and the place was so clean and orderly.
Front Porch Primitives
2980W 400S
Peru, IN

I too this picture for Jody to show him how the displays were set up.  They built this little front porch on one of the inside walls.  Really cute idea.  It even had a tin roof.

 You had to walk under a ladder to get into one of the rooms...I looked up and these were screaming to come home to Wammyville for the girls.    Can't you just see them having a tea party or lunch here.  Sounds like Fun Friday is already planned.
 
Upscale Junk and Antiques
23478 US 31
Cicero, IN

I knew when I saw these sitting on the porch that I was going to love this place!  $75 is a little out of my price range.  But there was a pair and they were to die for.

My dad has this rocker in my old bedroom.  Price tag said $135

Cassie and I found one of these scales at Goodwill a few years ago.  I can't remember what we gave for it but I know it wasn't $80.

I know that you are probably shaking you head and wondering why this little can of Sir Walter came home with me.  My dad smoked a pipe when I was little.  And I loved the smell.  If I am somewhere and I smell a pipe, I go find it and stand close to the person smoking it and breathe it in.  Brings tears to my eyes every time.  I think I might go buy some tobacco and keep the can filled so every once in a while I can take it down and take a whiff.
 
Didn't get much this trip but I did get some ideas and I know where to go to check on the things I  loved to see if the prices have dropped.  Or maybe I'll get the right person and they will come down into my price range.
 

Comments

Popular Posts