A Little 127 RECON

This Thursday through Sunday is the 127 Corridor Yard Sale.  Mark and I did a little recon work on Sunday.  Up bright and early we head for Harrodsburg, KY.  A good friend of mine has JUNK...LOTS and LOTS of good junk!  These are pics I got on my phone when they were unloading one of the barns.
 
A partial list of what he text me that he had for sale, so far...over 100 boxes of old dollhouse furniture, old freight four wheel cart, a 1930's GE monitor top refrigerator, 4 Hoosier cabinets, an old Coke cooler, an RC cooler, wooden chicken crate, 10 wood doors from an old boarding house, metal chairs, wooden step ladders, skillets, and lawn benches.
 
I LOVE this old church window!!!!
That's my friend Jody (even if he introduced me as his sister's friend) tempting me.






Emily Lutz Berry...he has a million of them!  Lots of one piece solid ones.

Barn wood from the old barn that they tore down.  I need a piece of this to make Betsy's sister a birdhouse I promised her years ago.  Better be getting on that!


This is on my wish list (I wish I had enough money...) a in great shape wooden chicken crate.

A pair of unusual outdoor chairs fit for a king and queen.

Doors, suitcases, beds, quilts...you name it Jody probably has it.

Love anything galvanized!




An old Hoosier...with all the parts.


signs, signs, everywhere there are signs

gas pumps

cabinets



Barn wood gathered from his grandfather's barn.


After filling up we headed for Jody's.  We knew the way be heart.  The roads have changed since we traveled to ICHTHUS and Asbury.  Most of the landmarks are still there.  It was a great day for a drive in the country.
 

I took this picture to show A. Michael Perry of Heritage Farm and Museum in Huntington.  I had never see a steam iron like this one.  I know he has a collections of irons and I am almost positive he has one like this but maybe just in case I think I'll send a pic.

You can't tell but there is something really unique about this sign.  When you plug it in the fire at the end of the cigarette lights up.  Jody plugged it in so I could see.  Wish the shot had turned out better.  It is in perfect shape!


Thinking I need those pallets and that chicken cage.  If I ever need to take one of the chickens to the vet what will I take her in?  This crate of course.


Lots of metal signage!

LOVE!  LOVE! LOVE! these green chairs.  The price was a little too high for me today.  Maybe after working for a week I'll have the money.  Cassie is in need of these two chairs.  They belonged to Jody's grandparents.  I saw two more white ones in the back of one of the buildings.  And the little bed is from WWII I think is what the paper on it said.


He has several different gas pumps and old cars and trucks to go with them.


Metal GOODYEAR winged shoe.  He has two sets complete with the big blue letters that spell out GOODYEAR.

Behind this tree there are two tractor trailers filled with stuff.  He said there are some beautiful stained glass windows in there.  Guess I'm making another trip down on Saturday!

I'm looking for unusual watering cans to add to Mark's collection.
 

This guy scared the bejabbers out of me.  I wasn't expecting someone looking at me when I turned around.  When I'm picking I never look up.





I have one of these in the kitchen!  Must mean I know good junk when I see it!  Right Jody?
 
Sandy captured the big bargaining session on film.  I just happened on some cobalt blue salt and pepper shakers in great condition.  And he said he didn't have anything cobalt blue.  See, family, I know how to pick.  The American Pickers have nothing on me!

Old friends gather again.  And once again there is talk of a Star Point Reunion.  We have been talking about that for years!

I put Mark in charge of watching my pile so no one would steal my treasures...and somehow these beauties were gone when I came back.  I have the funniest feeling that Sandy might have been on the little joke too.  I had to play hot/cold to find them.  Then Mark thought it would be funny to call Michael and Emmy and have them call me and tell me there was an emergency and that I should come home as fast as I could.  I called Michael and he said nothing about it.  Then I called Emmy and she had a big tale to tell.  But I could tell my looking at Mark, after 39 years of wedded bliss, that he was yanking my chain.
 
Sandy's son, Chris, even showed up for a few minutes.
 
Couldn't go past Shaker Village (Shakertown as I call it) without stopping.  I was just stopping for a piece of lemon pie.

Mark on the other hand was starving!  So lunch we had.

Catfish dinner with some of the best cole slaw you ever put in your mouth!

I had to visit the little ladies room, my eye balls were floating, so Mark ordered my lunch.  I think it was chicken and bacon with some of the best cucumber and cream cheese stuff.  DELICIOUS!  Oh and little corn sticks and rolls to die for. 

Now this is what reminds me of Shaker Village....lemon pie!  Sandy (my friend from above) use to work at Shaker Village.  When ever she would come to visit she would bring be a whole pie!  It is the best because there is a secret to making it.  Slice the lemons as thin as you can.  Then cover them with sugar and let then sit all night long.  And the crust ain't to shabby either.  So of course I had a piece.  I almost didn't get a pic of it.

Mark had a piece of coconut cake.  He loves coconut.  Me, not so much.

A few barn quilt squares on the way.

There were more but by the time I realized they were there, we had already gone by and there was no backtracking on this trip.  Junkin' to do!

These are my treasures from the day...but the real treasure was being able to spend time with good old friends!
 
I'm planning a trip back on Saturday.  The van holds seven and I really have had no one committed yet.  Any takers out there?  We spotted 6-7 really big bunches of people with some really good looking stuff.  And then there is that pile I still have to get at Jody's.  And Shaker Village is calling my name...there is a plate of pork tenderloin with my name on it.  And I might just come back with a whole lemon pie.  But then there were those chicken pillows in the Gift Shop.  And the cast iron doorstops.  And all those Shaker Boxes.  Hmmm, I'd better go check the couch and Mark's chair for some change.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts