PlayScape Take Two

Early this morning we headed to Cincinnati Nature Center in Milford to have the annual Oakes family pics taken by Emily Piraino, one of Cassie and Emmy's high school friends. (Check out her photos on her blog or FB...Emily Piranio Photography)  We were there before they opened at the was 8AM.  Holy macarronies!  Plans were to have a photo shoot in the Little Miami around Bass Island.  That couldn't happen because of all the rushing water in the river.  I think plan B worked out quite well.  I had my camera in my bag but didn't take a shot.  Long story, short.  We came home, dropped Emmy off for her vacation in Maine and headed back to The Nature Center.  I just wanted to get a few candid shots.

This morning they got to stick their feet in for a few pics...that was not going to get it...they wanted more!

Dam building was first in order on the agenda for the day.



Someone forgot their hair.  So now we call him Bucket Head!


We were at the Nature Center so I had to get some nature shots.


 I think Ellis needed a little bit of shade for awhile.  So Cassie and I went into the woods with him while he built a fort.
 

 Pretty cool shelter.
 

Some Ninja Warrior climbing.

 Bullfrog tadpoles in Matt's Pond.
 

 And a little bit of fish netting.
 



 Just starting to sprout his hind legs.
 

 She will touch and hold anything!
 




 Ellis would still be there trying to catch one of these awesome frogs.  If only he could stalk them quietly and slowly.  We all finally had to head for the van to get him to come.
 
Next time I am headed to the frogs first.

And we are going to have a newt with a long pole.

Because, Ellis 'really, really, wants to catch one of those big monsters!'

We sure will give it a good try buddy.  I may have to go practice a bit before you return.

Comments

Popular Posts