My Bucket List Is Getting Shorter

I have the best friends!  Doodles and Noodles Grammy knows my bucket list...so tonight she took me to a friends house to shoot a hummingbird on a nest!
 
I met her just down the street and around the corner from the house where the nest is.  When we got there no bird in sight.  But I did get to see a hummingbird nest truly in nature.

We waited and waited.  We sat in the driveway and chatted for awhile while the neighbors tried to figure out what we were up to.  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw some quick movement in the tree.  Slowly and carefully she made her way to the nest.
 
Denise knows for a fact that there are eggs.  The only problem is that we have no idea when they will hatch.  So for the next couple of days we will visit the neighborhood again hoping to get a shot or two of the babies in the nest.
 
We met several of the neighbors and assured them that we meant no harm.  So the next time when we show up with our cameras and ladders they won't give us a second glance.
 
We are moving on up to eagles.  We have been told that there is a nesting pair at East Fork Lake.  So we are headed out there tomorrow.  Wish us luck!

Check out Beginners Luck Photography to see what we discovered today!

Comments

Popular Posts